Established in 1979, Bank of China Luxembourg was the first Chinese bank to set up in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Today, two entities operate in Luxembourg, Bank of China – Luxembourg branch and Bank of China (Luxembourg) S.A.. Bank of China (Luxembourg) S.A. has branches in Rotterdam, Brussels, Warsaw, Stockholm and Lisbon. As China’s most international and diversified bank, the Bank provides a comprehensive range of financial services to its customers. Our core business is commercial banking, including corporate banking, personal banking and financial markets services.
With a well established global network and strong reputation, this job opportunity will allow you to develop a career within our fast growing international Bank.
Your main duties will focus on:
· Ensuring and supervising the adherence of the bank’s activities to the internal risk management strategy and policies as well as industry rules and regulatory requirements, so as to allow an efficient risk management approach.
· Advising the bank’s general management with regard to its current and long term risk management approach, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of the internal control system and to the definition of a sustainable business strategy.
Responsibilities would be, but not be limited to, the following:
· Plan audit missions as well as meetings with relevant internal and external contacts (management board, audit committee, group audit and external auditors) to ensure appropriate coverage of the key risks areas identified within the bank.
· Design and perform appropriate controls/checks to ensure the efficiency of the bank’s internal control system and its adequacy with the bank’s risk appetite.
· Prepare audit reports and follow up on reported findings to provide assurance on the internal control system and supports its continuous improvement.
· Actively contribute to maintaining a good relationship with external auditors and regulatory authorities
· Advise and participate in internal projects in areas such as process improvements, new product launch, compliance with new norms/regulations, in order to bring in his/her expertise.
Profile (Technical Skills):
· Good legal knowledge and professional knowledge in respect of internal controls, risk management and corporate governance.
· Very good knowledge of the banking/financial industry regulatory framework both at the local and international levels.
· 3 to 5 years experience in internal audit or external audit
· IT background or CIA , CFA and other professional qualifications is recommended
Profile (Soft Skills):
· Good problem solving and analytical skills
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· Ability to travel approximately 10-15% of work time
- Address 29 boulevard grande Duchesse Charlotte
- Experience 2-5 years